Jesus, the Holy One of God, has paid the additional price required to restore our freedom to us. This is the blood sacrifice He willingly made for us as we wounded Him, the seven wounds He bore for us on the cross. The seven places Jesus shed His blood to restore us to our original condition, free from all bondage are:
1) The Garden of Gethsemane, where He sweats drops of blood to redeem our will.
2) At the whipping post, His stripes redeem us from sickness.
3) Jesus wears the crown of thorns, breaking the curse of poverty in our life.
4) The blood He shed from His nail pierced hands restore our authority, the authority God has given us to subdue the earth and to rule it. We now have the ability to do this the way God intended us to.
5) The nail pierced feet restore our dominion in the earth. Wherever our feet take us we are to have dominion.
6) The spear that pierces Jesus side is the wound healing our broken heart.
7) Jesus bruised His heel (a bruise is internal bleeding) when He descended into hell and broke the power of iniquity over us. Sin is no longer our master, ruling our lives.
Our God has sacrificed more for us than we ever will or could for Him. This is our indicator of how much our Good, Gracious, Faithful, Awesome and Steadfast God wants to be a part of our life. And how much He wants for us to be a part of His. He has done everything for us to restore the Father/son and Father/daughter relationship Adam and Eve had with Him in the Garden of Eden.
Father God, today we ask that You break the chains of bondage that are holding on to us. The bondage to the lies we have believed in our mind, the bondage from the wounds and scars on our heart, the addictions of our body and the emotional bondage we have that is keeping us living in our past, stealing the joy of Your grace in the present and planting the seeds of destruction for our future. We bind all that is holding on to us with the chains of heaven. Help us to walk in the freedoms Jesus has given us with a fresh heart and a fresh look, knowing that we are forgiven and that sin no longer can hold on to us anymore. Thank You, Jesus, for all that You have done for us! Amen